USG United Scientific Group Conferences Terms, Conditions & Policies
Please read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Below are the terms and conditions for United Scientific Group (USG) conferences, any additions and amendments (collectively the "terms and conditions"), that may hereafter be established by USG for all attendance or participation in any of the USG conferences. These terms and conditions apply to every individual registering, attending, or otherwise participating in the USG conferences (hereinafter referred to as a 'registrant' or 'you'). USG conferences are hereinafter referred to as "conference" in the singular and "conferences" in the plural. As a registrant for any USG conference, you must comply with all these terms and conditions.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to each USG conference you participate in:
USG Conference Registration Payment methods:
- Payment Methods: Registration payments for USG conferences can be made using Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards. Payments must be made in US dollars. If a registrant does not have a credit card, they can also make payment by a bank check in US dollars. Money orders, purchase orders (POs), Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, and cash will not be accepted for registration.
- Wire Transfers: Wire transfers will be allowed for attendees residing outside of the United States. Wire transfers must be made in US dollars.
- Extra Taxes: The registration fee for USG conferences held in countries other than the United States may include additional taxes in US dollars. These taxes may be imposed by the respective countries and locations where the conference is held, in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Encryption and Security: The online conference registration webpage provided by USG will incorporate encryption software to protect the registrant's credit card and personal information. This ensures a secure transmission of registrant's data.
Please note that the above summary is based on the provided information and may not capture all the details of the complete terms and conditions. It is always advisable to refer to the official terms and conditions provided by USG for specific conferences for accurate and comprehensive information.
USG Conference Registration Classifications:
Here are additional terms and conditions for USG conferences:
- Registration Classification: During the registration process, registrants are required to select the appropriate classification such as speaker, student, or delegate (industry or academic participant) for the conference. The final determination of whether the registrant has selected the correct classification will be made by a senior administration staff from USG. The USG administration has the sole discretion to determine the appropriate registration classification for each registrant.
- Incorrect Classification: If it is determined by the USG administration that an incorrect classification was chosen during registration, the administration reserves the right to charge the difference in registration fees to the credit card that was used during the registration process. This means that if a registrant selected a lower-priced category than what they are eligible for, they may be required to pay an additional amount to match the correct registration classification.
It is important to note that these terms and conditions are specific to USG conferences and may vary for different conference organizers. It's always advisable to review the official terms and conditions provided by USG for the specific conference you are interested in attending.
USG Conference Registration and Accommodation Cancellation Policy:
- To be eligible for a registration or accommodation cancellation refund, you need to cancel your registration in writing by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you cancel your registration before 120 days of the conference start date, you will receive a full refund, minus a $100 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration between 119 and 90 days prior to the conference start date, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel your registration within 89 days of the conference start date, no refund will be provided.
- Accommodation fees will be fully refundable if the cancellation is received one week prior to the conference start date.
- If you pay for accommodation within one week of the conference start date and cancel, the accommodation fee will not be eligible for any refund.
- Refunds will be made within 28 days of receiving the cancellation notification.
The actual refund policy may vary depending on the specific terms and conditions set by the organization or company managing the conference or accommodation. It's always best to review the official refund policy or contact the event organizers directly for accurate and up-to-date information regarding cancellations and refunds.
USG Force Majeure:
The terms and conditions regarding the obligations and responsibilities of the USG in the event of circumstances beyond their control, referred to as a "Force Majeure". Here's a breakdown of the key points:
- Force Majeure: If the USG is unable to fulfill its obligations for the conference due to causes beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, labor disputes, government travel restrictions, unavailability of hotel or facility, commodities or supplies, war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any comparable natural calamity, casualty, or condition, then it will be considered a Force Majeure event.
- Termination/Cancellation: In the event of a Force Majeure, the USG has the right to immediately terminate or cancel the affected conference without any liability. This means they are not obligated to provide the conference as planned and are not responsible for any consequences resulting from the cancellation.
- Rescheduling: If the affected conference is canceled before the first day due to a Force Majeure, the USG will make efforts to reschedule the conference, considering the practicality under the circumstances. In this case, the registration fee paid by the registrant will be applied to the rescheduled conference.
- Transfer of Registration Fee: If the registrant is unable to attend the rescheduled conference, they may request a transfer of their registration fee to another conference. The alternative conference must be scheduled to be held within 12 months from the date of the affected/canceled conference. However, the USG reserves the right to approve or deny such transfer requests.
- Difference in Registration Fee: If the registration fee for the alternative conference differs from the affected conference, the registrant may be required to pay the difference or receive a refund. The adjustment will be made to the credit used for the affected/canceled conference registration.
USG Data Privacy Statement:
By registering for the conference, you agree to certain terms and conditions regarding the use of your personal information. Here is a breakdown of the key points mentioned:
- Use of Personal Information by USG and its subsidiaries, conference suppliers, and vendors:
By registering for the conference, you are granting permission to USG and its subsidiaries, conference suppliers, and vendors to use your personal information. This usage may include sending notifications of activities related to the conference and providing other related production services.
- Email and Printed Communications from Sponsors:
By registering, you agree to receive email and/or printed communications from the sponsors of the conference. These communications may contain information about the sponsors' products, services, or promotions. If you allow your conference badge to be scanned on-site by sponsors or exhibitors, you may be added to their mailing list and may receive further communications from them.
- Non-sale or trade of Personal Information:
USG states that they do not sell or trade your personal information to any third party for their business promotion. This statement suggests that USG does not engage in the practice of sharing your personal information with external entities for promotional purposes.
USG has the right to take photographs of all registrants at the conferences:
It is common for conferences and events to have policies regarding photography and the rights associated with it. By registering for and attending a USG conference, you agree that photographs will be taken, and USG will hold exclusive rights to those photographs, including worldwide copyrights. This means that USG would have control over the use, distribution, and reproduction of the photographs without any claims or interference from attendees or others associated with them.
Conduct at USG Conferences:
- You are expected to behave in a considerate, respectful, and collaborative manner towards all individuals and registrants in or providing services to the conferences you participate in. As such, you should refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech, and be mindful of your surroundings and to your fellow participants.
- If you have any concerns or notice a threatening situation or someone in distress during a conference, we encourage you to alert the appropriate USG onsite management or authorities who can provide immediate assistance.
- USG conferences onsite management is dedicated to making our conferences as inclusive as possible for all our registered members, sponsors, partners, vendors, guests (collectively "participants") in attendance at our conferences, regardless of their race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, physical appearance, or otherwise. USG is committed to providing a safe and secure environment at all the USG conferences that are free of fear, intimidation, or ridicule, and taking appropriate steps to create conferences that are safe, enjoyable, and productive for all the participants in our conferences.
- It is important to adhere to the guidelines and code of conduct set by USG conferences, which promote inclusivity, respect, and a safe environment for all participants. Engaging in any form of harassing behavior or violating the terms and conditions or code of conduct may result in expulsion from the conference without refund and could lead to disqualification from attending future USG conferences. It is crucial to be mindful of your actions and treat all individuals with consideration and respect.
Limitation of USG Liability:
It is important to be aware of the terms and conditions outlined by USG. By attending the USG conference, you assume all responsibility and liability for any risks associated with your participation. USG, including its directors, employees, agents, and representatives, will not be held liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or incidental damages that may arise from your attendance, even if they were made aware of the possibility of such damages.
It's important to note that the maximum liability of USG, in accordance with applicable law, will be limited to the refund of any registration fee you have paid for the specific conference. USG's decisions, including any cancellation of the conference, are within their discretion and are binding.
It is advisable to carefully review and understand the terms and conditions set forth by USG before attending any of their conferences. If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding these terms, it would be best to reach out to USG directly for clarification.
The headings used in the terms and conditions are provided for convenience and reference only. They do not affect the interpretation or enforceability of the provisions.
If any provision within the terms and conditions is deemed unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it will not affect the validity of the other provisions. The terms and conditions will be interpreted as if the unenforceable provision had never been included.
The terms and conditions state that they will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without considering its conflicts of law provisions. Any controversy, claim, or dispute arising from or related to the terms and conditions will be resolved through legal action in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Collin County, Texas, excluding any other courts.
It is important to carefully review and understand these terms and conditions, as they outline the legal framework that governs your attendance at USG conferences. If you have any specific questions or concerns about these terms, it is advisable to seek legal advice or contact USG directly for clarification.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of USG:
As a condition of registrant attendance at any USG conference, the registrant acknowledges or accept any terms and conditions on behalf of individuals. It is the responsibility of the actual registrants and participants to read and understand the terms and conditions provided by USG conferences. By attending or participating in a USG conference, individuals are expected to acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions outlined by USG.