USG United Scientific Group Conferences Terms, Conditions & Policies
Please read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Below are the terms and conditions for USG United Scientific Group (USG) conferences, plus any additions and amendments (collectively the "terms and conditions"), that may hereafter be established by USG for all attendance or participation in any of the USG conferences. These terms and conditions apply to every individual registering, attending, or otherwise participating in the USG conferences (hereinafter referred to as a 'registrant' or 'you'). USG conferences are hereinafter referred to as "conference" in the singular and "conferences" in the plural. As a registrant for any USG conference, you must comply with all these terms and conditions.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to each USG conference you participate in:USG Conference Registration Payment:
- Registration payments using Visa, American Express, Master and Discover credit cards will be accepted for payments in US $ only.
- If a registrant does not have a credit card, cheques will also be accepted as payments in US $.
- Money Orders, PO’s, ACHs, or Cash will not be accepted for registration.
- Wire Transfers will be allowed only for attendees not residing in the US (accepted as US $ payments).
- Extra taxes in US $ amount on the registration fee for USG conferences in countries other than the US may include domestic taxes of respective countries and locations where the conference will be held (due to local laws and regulations in that country).
- Each USG online conference registration webpage will incorporate encryption software to protect the registrant's credit card and personal information and will provide a secure site for the transmission of USG conference participant data.
- A senior administration staff from USG will determine if the registrant used the correct classification such as speaker, student or delegate (industry or academic) participant for conference registrations. All decisions regarding registration classifications for registrants shall be at the sole discretion of the USG administration.
- If an incorrect classification is chosen during registration, USG administration, at its discretion, will charge the difference amount to the credit card used while making the registration.
- To be eligible for a registration or accommodation cancellation refund, you must cancel your registration in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration cancellation before 120 days of the conference start date will receive a full refund, less a $100 towards administrative fee.
- Registration cancellation between 119 to 90 days prior to the conference start date will receive 50% refund.
- Registration cancellation received below 89 days of the conference start date are non-refundable.
- Accommodation fee will be completely refundable if cancelation is received one week prior to the conference start date.
- Accommodation fee paid within one week of the conference start date will not be eligible for any refund.
- Refunds will be made within 28 days of receipt of cancellation notification.
- If USG is prevented from carrying out its obligations towards the conference you registered for, as a result of any cause beyond its control, such as acts of God, strikes, labor disputes, government travel restrictions, unavailability of hotel or facility, commodities or supplies, war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any form of comparable natural calamity, casualty or condition (collectively a “Force Majeure”), USG shall have the right to immediately terminate/cancel the affected conference without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to the registrant.
- If the affected conference is terminated due to a Force Majeure before the first day of the conference, then USG will reschedule the affected conference, if and as practical under the circumstances, and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled conference. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled conference, then you may transfer your registration fee, upon written notification to the ‘USG' management, towards another conference, which is scheduled to be held within 12 months from the date of the affected/canceled conference. USG reserves the right, at its discretion, to approve or deny such registration fee transfer requests. If there is a difference in the registration fee between the affected conference and the alternative conference that the registrant would like to attend, the difference amount will be charged or refunded to the credit used to register for the affected/canceled conference.
- By registering for a conference, you agree to allow USG and its subsidiaries, conference suppliers and vendors, to use your personal information to send notifications of activities related to the conference, and other related production services.
- By registering, you agree to receive an email and/or printed communications from sponsors of the conference. If you allow your badge to be scanned on-site at an event by sponsors/exhibitors, you may be added to their mailing list and potentially contacted.
- USG does not sell or trade your personal information to any third party for their business promotion.
- By registering for and attending any USG conference, you, the registrant, acknowledge that photographs will be taken at the conferences, and USG will retain the exclusive rights to all the photographs (including all worldwide copyrights), free of any claims by you or any other person deriving any rights or interest from you.
- You are expected to behave in a considerate, respectful, and collaborative manner towards all individuals and registrants in or providing services to the conferences you participate in. As such, you shall refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech, and be mindful of your surroundings and to your fellow participants. Please alert the USG Conferences onsite management if you notice a threatening situation or someone in distress.
- USG Conferences onsite management is dedicated to making our conferences as inclusive as possible for all of our registered members, sponsors, partners, vendors, guests (collectively "participants") in attendance at our conferences, regardless of their race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, physical appearance, or otherwise. USG is committed to providing a safe and secure environment at all of the USG conferences that are free of fear, intimidation, or ridicule, and taking appropriate steps to create conferences that are safe, enjoyable and productive for all the registrants in our conferences. If USG's management, in its sole discretion, finds that you have engaged in any harassing behavior at the conference, or are in violation of these terms and conditions, or are in violation of USG code of conduct, then, you may be expelled from that conference without any refund of the paid registration fee and any other fee paid to participate in the conference, and/or will be disqualified from attending any future USG conferences.
Limitation of USG Liability: As a condition of your attendance at any USG conference, you, the registrant, expressly assume all responsibility, liability, and risk associated with, resulting from, or arising in connection with your attendance or participation at the conference. Additionally, you, the registrant, agree that in no event will USG, or its directors, employees, agents, and representatives be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages of any nature or for any reason whatsoever whether or not apprised of the possibility of any such lost profits or damages. Further, you expressly acknowledge and agree that to the maximum extent provided under applicable law, USG maximum liability to you, or in any way related to, or in conjunction with, or arising from your attendance at the conference, or judicial determination of USG's wrongful cancellation of the conference will be limited solely to the return of all or any registration fee previously paid to USG by you for the relevant conference.
USG Decisions: As a condition of your attendance at any USG conference, you, the registrant, agree that any and all matters, compliance issues or questions not specifically covered or addressed in these terms and conditions will be subject solely to the decision and determination of USG administration. USG will have full power in any matter of interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of these terms and conditions, and will be amended as deemed necessary for the general success of any conference, and in all instances, USG's management or directors' decisions and rulings will be final.
Miscellaneous: The headings of the various sections of these USG conferences terms and conditions are inserted for convenience of reference only. If any one or more of the provisions contained in these terms and condition will, for any reason, be held to be unenforceable in any respect by a court of competent jurisdiction, such unenforceability will have no effect on any other provision of these terms and conditions, and these terms and conditions will be construed as if such unenforceable provisions had never been contained in it. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws applicable to the State of Texas without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of, or relating to the USG terms and conditions will be settled through an action brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in Collin County, State of Texas to the exclusion of any others.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of USG: As a condition of registrant attendance at any USG conference, the registrant acknowledges and agrees to have read and fully understood the terms and conditions as set forth above. By acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions, you knowingly, voluntarily, and without duress, hereby agree to be bound and abide by the terms and conditions for the conferences you participate in.